Monday, April 3, 2023

More Firefly Fairies

The next Gather Round club kit was supposed to ship now, but it's been delayed for a couple of weeks so I'm going to keep going on Firefly Fairies for now. I haven't been doing a lot of stitching lately, but have made a bit more progress; here it is as of this morning:

I've always loved this design just from the chart photo and it turns out that it doesn't even come close to showing some of the details, which makes it so fun discovering and bringing them to life. It uses four colors of Kreinik braid, though I'm switching some of it out for beads of similar colors, which really makes it look like it's sprinkled with fairy magic:

Those little feet peeking out of what will be her underskirt have always been one of my favorite parts!

Since there's not a lot of stitching to show I'll share the final three framed pieces that I recently got back, all of which were Nora Corbett designs; this is Miss Moth, stitched on a Silkweaver solo:

Miss Dragonfly, stitched on SMF MacMillan (I think that was the name of the fabric):

And the Mirabilia ornament from the 2000 JCS ornament issue:

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Melanie: She is beautiful, I like the idea of using beads, I am a beader add beads to many of my stitched peojects.
    Beautiful and perfect framing for your other finished designs.
    Thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! I love beads too, especially if it means I don't have to do a lot of single stitches of Kreinik with no good place to anchor them.

      Delete
  2. Firefly is looking so pretty.
    Great framed pieces.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; hope you're finally getting some spring weather now--we hit close to 60F yesterday and it felt so good!

      Delete
  3. I'm all for the beads for that added bling! This will be another sweet trio.
    More beautifully framed pieces! Do you display them all, or rotate them around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started hanging pieces in the hallway of our finished basement as I'm pretty much out of room upstairs! One of these days I'd like to put some fresh paint on our walls, and when I do I plan to take all my pieces down and try to hang them in groups that go together instead of helter skelter all over the place.

      Delete
  4. Firefly Fairies is such a great design, I don't think I've ever seen it stitched before so it's very fun to watch yours grow!
    Also, that fabric/mat/frame combination on the ornament is just to die for, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great design, which is why I've had it for so long--glad I finally got around to starting it, now hoping I can finish it in a somewhat timely manner!

      Delete