Monday, April 17, 2023

Oops, made a new start!

I truly intended to work on Firefly Fairies until the next set of HOD Gather Round designs arrived, but I got distracted by a Market release from Erica Michaels Designs called Quilting A-Bee-Cs; part 1 (of 5) and the threads arrived last Monday and I couldn't resist making a new start. I had a piece of Access Commodities Heron Gray 38ct linen on hand, which is being stitched 1-over-2 with the recommended CCW floss (except for a substitute for the dark green and adding a purple):

Gather Butterflies is supposed to be mailed today, so it should arrive later this week. I'm going to work on this until then; the next set of blocks will be released next month, so I'd like to have part 1 finished before then. It's nice to have some small finishes along the way as the whole piece takes shape.

Rosewood Manor just released a design that I stitched the model for over two years ago, called Strawberry Wishes. I love the font in this, as well as the pretty colors:

I've been cleaning the windows and doing some other spring chores lately, which has cut into my stitching time, but it's nice to finally feel like winter is on the way out (even though it snowed a bit this morning). Still need to clean out the garage and get going on some yard work, but even doing those things feels nice when there's good weather to enjoy.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Greetings Melanie: Great progress on the Erica Michaels design, Rosewood Manor is a beauty for sure, looking forward to seeing your progress on these.
    It snowed here also, now melting, I hope no more cold weather and snow.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that spring will get (and stay!) here soon...

      Delete
  2. Great start & very pretty model.
    Are you stitching any models now?
    It was beautiful last week, got out in the yard to clean up.
    I am disappointed in the weather this week, so cold & more snow.
    I don't think Spring will come to WI this year!
    Mairlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any models right now, as I wanted to get my health issues sorted out before I take on something that can take months to stitch. I had a large Mirabilia model in the beginning stages when everything blew up last November, and it wasn't ideal to have to worry about whether to send it back unfinished and possibly mess up Wichelt's release schedule. Hoping I can get back to it this summer (which arrived and then left again last week--gotta love Wisconsin!).

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a fun new start!
    That model stitch is really pretty. Does is usually take this long from you finishing the stitching to the pattern release?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say there's usually about 6 months to a year between finishing a model and it being released, so this is a pretty long gap. There are still two more that I stitched at around the same time that still aren't out, so Karen must have a pretty big backlog going!

      Delete