Monday, April 24, 2023

Part 1 completed, on to part 2 (of a different SAL)

Last night while watching the final (finally!) episode of Sanditon I was able to finish part 1 of Erica Michaels Quilting A-Bee-Cs, using the recommended Classic Colorworks floss (except for subbing the dark green and adding a purple):

Part 2 will be coming out next month, though I don't know exactly when; hopefully I'll be able to finish Hands on Design Gather Butterflies before it arrives. I'm having a hard time settling down with my stitching lately, but I would like to have this done by the end of this month (or, more likely, early next month):

Also in May Heart in Hand's Seaside Tiny Town will be released, so of course I'll have to make time for that as soon as I get it! And there's another Tiny Town coming out in July called Any Town Tiny Town:


This was designed for the 25th anniversary of Keepsakes in Ohio; they had a pre-order on their site that ended on April 15th. Their shop is the white house to the left of the center, with their little black shop cat, 310, next to the door. The chart will be released to all shops next year, and the idea is to personalize it to look more like your own town. I might try to make the cross stitch shop look more like my LNS, The Stitching Bee, and there's a local flower shop that I would love to try to imitate:


I've messed around a bit already, and it isn't going to be quite as easy to translate into a "tiny building" as I had hoped, but I've got plenty of time to work with it and see what I can come up with.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. Great progress, this is going to be so pretty.
    Those Tiny Town's are addicting!
    That would be so cute to add The Stitching Bee.
    Kendra will love that!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how it comes out--I thought it would be easy to chart a little house, but it's definitely trickier than it looks!

      Delete
  2. Great progress on your SALs! I was about to say I don't love this tiny town quite as much as I did the others, but after reading your explanation I do adore the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cool idea, and will be fun to see how people personalize their towns.

      Delete