Monday, March 13, 2023

Taking the plunge...

...the Hands on Design Polar Plunge that is! I've been excited about this series ever since I watched Cathy's Market preview FlossTube and I ordered the first three charts as soon as they showed up at 123Stitch. They arrived Saturday, so after I finished A Honey of a Tiny Town I put all those supplies away and pulled what I needed for a new start, and this is where I am so far today:

My old skein of Tartan Plaid doesn't look anything like the chart photo/DMC 3768 reference so I'm going to use Chesapeake Bay instead, which is almost a perfect match for 3768. I haven't found the new floss color Field of Greens in stock yet, but I'm hoping 123Stitch gets it soon, and I'm really happy with this fabric that I had in my stash. I'm enjoying every stitch and looking forward to the final three designs--if I remember correctly they will include puffins, penguins and a narwhal. 

Yesterday I finished Heart in Hand's A Honey of a Tiny Town with A Honey of a Frill added to it, and it turned out really cute:




The fabric is probably a little light for the white in the design, but overall I'm happy with the way it looks. Now I have to wait until May for the Seaside Tiny Town, and then I'll send them both to the finisher so they can join my Tiny County:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. All of your towns are so cute!
    Congrats on your finish of another.
    Those Polar Plunge stitches are too cute.
    Your fabric is awesome.
    I hope the snow goes away soon, I'm SO ready for Spring!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've had more snow in the past couple of weeks than we got for most of the winter--ugh! At least my current stitching fits the weather... :D

      Delete
  2. Great finish - but those Polar Plunge charts are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete