Sunday, November 18, 2012

Winter stitching

I guess it's the right time of year for winter stitching, although it was so nice outside today that I went out and trimmed back our butterfly bush for the winter. I need to get some more yard work done...and cleaning...and Thanksgiving is right around the corner...and... I'm getting tired already!

Friday morning I finished up the model for Karen, and got it in the mail. Now I have a very short window of "for me" stitching time, because Karen already has my next project ready to be mailed to me. So I decided to start Nora Corbett's "Faerie Winter Dream", which is in the Jan. 2013 issue of Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine. I chose a Silkweaver solo on opal Belfast to stitch her on, because I thought it looked very wintry and icy:



The pattern calls for two colors of Caron Wildflowers, but I'm using Waterlilies, instead, as I didn't like the thought of the texture difference. The beading on this piece is going to be gorgeous; I'm already looking forward to getting to that part!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of stitching time after the big meal!

3 comments:

  1. It looks stunning and the fabric is definately very wintery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new start and I love your fabric chose.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I love your new start, it will be gorgeous.
    The fabric is perfect for it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete