Thursday, June 27, 2013

Almost finished!

I am getting very close to finishing the model that I have been working on for the past four months; another week or so, and I will be doing a major happy dance! Yesterday, I put the final Qsnap extensions on, and here's a picture that shows the size of the piece (artfully covered with a beautiful piece of fabric by Sugar Maple Fabric that I was recently lucky enough to buy):


Those are my 4" Ginghers, to help show how big this piece is. Once this is done, I plan to ask Karen for a break from models for a while, so I can get back to stitching for fun. There are several new Nora Corbett/Mirabilia designs that I really want to stitch, without feeling guilty that I should be "working". ;)

Speaking of Nora, I recently bought another of her gorgeous oil paintings, which joins the roses painting I bought at the retreat:



I'll finish with a picture of poor, isolated Tailor, stuck in the basement for just four more days:


I'll be so glad when she can come back upstairs, and sleep with me again; I've had her since she was a kitten, and we've never slept apart for so long! 

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    That's 1 big piece of fabric!
    Can't wait to see the model when it comes out.
    Poor Tailor. I hope she's feeling better soon, she's so pretty. :)
    Love her blankie.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor T! I wish her all the best.
    The paintings look awesome!

    ReplyDelete