Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm going to Tuscany!!!

Okay, it's a year away, but I just signed up today so the excitement is still high! The Primitive Hare is having a stitching retreat in Tuscany in May 2015, and I have decided it will be my chance to see this gorgeous part of the world. I tend to be pretty timid about trying new things, so traveling to Italy on my own is a huge endeavor for me, but I am determined to expand my horizons (at least just this once!).

In an effort to help fund my trip, I have added a "stash for sale" page to my blog (tab at the top of the page). Please feel free to have a look; I'll be adding various items (charts, magazines, scissors, fabrics, etc.) over the next few weeks.

On the home front currently, I have been working on a few things since getting caught up on Frosty Forest. Donna of By The Bay Needleart is having a free mystery SAL on her blog, and I have finished part 1:


Donna had said to use Lambswool linen, but of course I had to go my own way and pick a blue fabric. However, now she has said that those lines above the house are not part of the sky, so I hope I don't end up regretting my fabric choice. Oh well, I guess that's part of the fun of a mystery!

I have also pulled out my May project for the Just Nan SAL and gotten it started. It's another small design, so I should have it done in plenty of time for the May post.

Finally, I have done a bit more on Mirabilia's Red. Here is the last picture I posted, which was taken right before the Mirabilia Retreat:


This was taken right after the retreat, during which I was able to finish the right side of the white part of her dress:


And here she is as of today:


The blue part of the dress has been finished (except for the beading), and I'm ready to move on to either more cape or more of the white part of the dress; I'll have to see what calls to me the loudest. 

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

2 comments: