Thursday, March 10, 2016

Gypsy Queen is done!

I finished her up this past Tuesday, and I just love her so much! It has been quite a while since I stitched a full-sized Mirabilia without putting it aside for a time, and I'm glad I stuck with her and finished. My wonderful husband got me a gift certificate to my framer for Christmas, so I'll be taking her over soon!



After the finish I spent some time cleaning up my craft room (i.e. putting away new stash!), and trying to decide what to work on next. Over a year ago I purchased a chart for my 25th wedding anniversary, which is now in just under two months, so I guess I'd better get stitching if I want to have it done in time. It's Everlasting Love by Praiseworthy Stitches:


I also recently bought the next two birthstone charts from Shannon Christine Designs. These stitch up pretty quickly, so they'll be nice when I want a quick stitchy fix!


Before I get too deep into any design, I decided to work on my Florence canvas, using materials received during my trip to The Primitive Hare's stitching retreat in Italy last year. I'll probably do a bit more tweaking, but here is a general idea of what it will look like:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish. She is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! She is fantastic! Excellent finish. Nice work on everything else as well and good luck completing your sampler on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she's stunning! She certainly deserves a beautiful frame and pride of place in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow it is a super stitch work
    Congratulations for your beautiful finish. I'm sure that you will choose a perfect frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks amazing! I just noticed the bright blue seat she is sitting on - sets her off perfectly. What a great gift from your husband too, no wonder you've lasted 25 years! I hope you'll show her off again once she's framed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! She looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Melanie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. She turned out beautiful.
    Love the colors in this one.
    Can't wait to see what frame you put her in.
    Congrats on your finish!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are stunning! Congrats on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on a beautiful finish! Your stitching is wonderful!

    Where can I get those birthstone designs by Shannon Christine? I must have them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I've been ordering them from her in her Facebook group. To find that group, or to contact her if you're not on Facebook, check out her website: http://shannonchristine.com/crossstitch/. HTH!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your finish Mel, she looks wonderful. I do hope you take her to the framers soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in awe right now. Beautiful finish, and just in a couple of months! And here I am celebrating my deepest love finish after four years! lol What's your secret? congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no doubt you will tame that sampler in no time.

    ReplyDelete