Monday, March 27, 2017

Overly optimistic

So, you know how in my last post I said that I thought that Andromeda would take a couple of weeks to finish? Turns out that there was quite a bit more stitching to her than I thought! But I continued to take a picture at the end of every day, and yesterday afternoon I finally finished her, so here are the remaining pictures of the journey.

Day 7:

Day 8:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Day 11:

Day 12:

Day 13:

Day 14:

Day 15:

Day 16:

Day 17:

Day 18:

Day 19:

And finally, the finished piece:




My sweet husband gave me a gift certificate to my framer for Christmas (they know him by name when he comes in now!), so I think I'll try to take this over this week and get the process going; she's too pretty to leave in the "finished" bin.

Now I'm off to get some housework done, and then I need to get back to the Rosewood Manor model. There have also been two parts released in the two SALs I'm participating in, but they'll have to wait until I can make some good progress on the model--if only there were more hours in a day!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Melanie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece! Glad she came together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so pretty.
    Congrats on another pretty finish.
    I love her hair and how if flows.
    Have fun picking a frame for her.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the way you did the pictures - very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic finish! She's beautiful and I think you stitched her pretty quickly!
    I love seeing framed pieces so please please don't forget to share a photo when she's framed. What a fantastic choice of gift your husband made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on this finish... and so quickly! It was lovely to see daily photos of her progress. You definitely chose the right fabric too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! You tamed her! She looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete