Monday, July 3, 2017

Stitching I can share

I am stitching Breanda Gervais' Hallow-day Inn for someone I met through Facebook, and while I like the design I am not thrilled with the look of one strand of floss over-2 on 32ct fabric. It is what the directions call for, and I did make sure that my customer was okay with it (she was, as she likes the primitive look), but as a two-strand girl it is just not my cup of tea!

I also think the chart photo is misleading, as I am 99.9% sure that the model was stitched with two strands; look at the difference:


I know the fabric in the model is darker, but just looking at the stitches I don't see any way that it was done with only one strand of floss. But, all that really matters is that the recipient is happy with the result!

I'm hoping to have it done within the next week or so:


Hope those in the US have a happy Independence Day, and to everyone a great stitchy week!

3 comments:

  1. You've done a lovely job with that, I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the model does look like it has more coverage, but if the customer is happy, that's all that matters.
    Your stitching look great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete