Monday, September 25, 2017

Good year for Halloween designs

Last week I received a couple of new Halloween charts that were just released, Halloween Quaker by Lila's Studio and Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings:


I really like both of them, but Quaker is my favorite so I started it this past weekend. The fabric is Fall Foliage by Enchanted Fabrics (now out of business) and I'm playing with the floss colors as I go:


A few weeks ago my Walmart had some fat quarters of Halloween fabrics for sale, so I picked some up to use for finishing ornaments (they also had floss on clearance for $0.10, so I might have ended up buying almost 200 skeins over the course of a few visits...):


The fabrics inspired me to pull out my Witch's Hat by JBW Designs that I stitched a year ago and finish it into an ornament:



On the "work" stitching front, I finished up the two models for Wichelt last week, so now I need to spend some time on the Rosewood Manor piece, which is probably about half done.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Melanie, Those are such beautiful Halloween designs you've picked up. For some reason, this year I've been in a much more festive mood for the upcoming holidays of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I think it's been seeing everyone's blogging projects. Happy stitching! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices.
    They're on my list also. :)
    Our Walmart has zip on Halloween/Fall fabrics. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two charts are on my wishlist as well but in Europe we need to wait a little bit longer to receive them :-).
    I can't wait to see your progress pics!
    You also did a lovely job with the "Book of Spells" book box. I finally found this (expensive OOP) design on Ebay last year :-)
    Have a nice day!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both those designs are on my wishlist... although Quaker is my favourite of the two as well!
    love your finish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Halloween Quaker piece and the fabric you chose is great. I wish we got DMC at such good prices in Europe. I don't blame you for buying it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designs, and I agree - the quaker is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both those designs and both are going on my wish list! Great start on the Quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your latest projects are beautiful! And well done on finding threads for such a bargain price :)

    ReplyDelete