Monday, September 25, 2017

Good year for Halloween designs

Last week I received a couple of new Halloween charts that were just released, Halloween Quaker by Lila's Studio and Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings:


I really like both of them, but Quaker is my favorite so I started it this past weekend. The fabric is Fall Foliage by Enchanted Fabrics (now out of business) and I'm playing with the floss colors as I go:


A few weeks ago my Walmart had some fat quarters of Halloween fabrics for sale, so I picked some up to use for finishing ornaments (they also had floss on clearance for $0.10, so I might have ended up buying almost 200 skeins over the course of a few visits...):


The fabrics inspired me to pull out my Witch's Hat by JBW Designs that I stitched a year ago and finish it into an ornament:



On the "work" stitching front, I finished up the two models for Wichelt last week, so now I need to spend some time on the Rosewood Manor piece, which is probably about half done.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

9 comments:

  1. Melanie, Those are such beautiful Halloween designs you've picked up. For some reason, this year I've been in a much more festive mood for the upcoming holidays of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I think it's been seeing everyone's blogging projects. Happy stitching! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices.
    They're on my list also. :)
    Our Walmart has zip on Halloween/Fall fabrics. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two charts are on my wishlist as well but in Europe we need to wait a little bit longer to receive them :-).
    I can't wait to see your progress pics!
    You also did a lovely job with the "Book of Spells" book box. I finally found this (expensive OOP) design on Ebay last year :-)
    Have a nice day!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both those designs are on my wishlist... although Quaker is my favourite of the two as well!
    love your finish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Halloween Quaker piece and the fabric you chose is great. I wish we got DMC at such good prices in Europe. I don't blame you for buying it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designs, and I agree - the quaker is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both those designs and both are going on my wish list! Great start on the Quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dear!
    I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information.
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your latest projects are beautiful! And well done on finding threads for such a bargain price :)

    ReplyDelete