Monday, November 13, 2017

Finally finished!

This past Saturday I celebrated finally finishing the model for Rosewood Manor! While it isn't one of the largest designs I've stitched, it was fairly intricate; I checked it over three times after I was done and found two missed back stitches the first time and two missed cross stitches the second time. The third time looked good, so today it will be on its way back to Karen.

I'm afraid I still won't have much stitching I can share for a bit, as the two Nora Corbett models are due at the end of the year. With Thanksgiving coming up, and Christmas to get ready for I'll have less stitching time than usual so I won't be doing any of my own until the models are done.

I do have a bit of "old" stitching to share, which is The Mysterious Halloween Town by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery that I finished a few years ago. I sent it in to SewMuch2Luv (on Etsy and Facebook) to have it made into a bag, and the result is just amazing:


I thought the fabric with the potion bottles would be fun with the Elixir shop, and Karen added in the candy corn fabric which goes perfectly with the buttons I added to the design. The bag is really well constructed and I am thrilled with the finished piece!

On the non-stitchy front, I recently had a couple of Nora Corbett paintings framed, and my framer did her usual outstanding job:



I love that these are so different from each other, but both make me so happy to look at.

When I picked them up I dropped off another of Nora's paintings that I recently purchased, which would have made a lovely Mirabilia design:


I can't wait to see her after the magic of framing!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Rosewood Manor model.
    That project bag is awesome!
    Very pretty paintings.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your model stitching is coming along nicely. The finished bag looks fun, and I like the customizations you made to the Halloween Town! I really need to get my version finish-finished too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those paintings are stunning! I really like your new project bag too - a great combination of your stitching and those spooky fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward seeing what the model looks like.
    Your bag is fantastic, such fun!
    The paintings are so beautiful, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Th paintings are stunning, I love the bold flowers. I had no idea that you could even buy her artwork. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the Nora Auction group and although they are out of my price bracket they are still a really good price for a piece of original artwork. She is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag is wonderful, perfect application for the piece! Love the paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The woman in pink dress looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete