Monday, January 8, 2018

Busy, busy, busy!

I might continue to blog less than usual for a while, as more models have come in. I received a new Rosewood Manor design in December, which thankfully has no set deadline, then two Nora Corbett's and a Mirabilia right after New Year. The first NC is due January 30th, but I'll be finishing it either today or tomorrow, so that's not a problem. I'm hoping at some point I'll have enough models done and in the pipeline that I'll be able to blog more regularly as they start being released and I can share pictures.

I did sneak in a bit of stitching for myself and completed Miss Lole's Daggerwing, on a piece of Silkweaver Tallahassee Teal Belfast. I lightened her hair up a bit, for a bit more color on the darker fabric:


I also contacted Wichelt about the defective button in the Mill Hill Snow Globe kit and they kindly sent a replacement, so I was able to get this finished and framed before I put it away until next Christmas:



In an earlier post I shared Nora's "Lady in Pink" painting that I had taken to the framer, so I thought I'd share the framed piece:


My framer said that he loves that I'm "not afraid of color", and he's certainly right about this one!

I thought I would start the new year with another small giveaway, for the chart, left-over threads and beads, needles and even the defective button (you might be able to sand the back to make it flatter) for the Snow Globe:


There won't be enough of the floss and some of the bead colors, and you'll have to use your own fabric or perforated paper, but you'll have the pattern and a good start on the supplies. Just leave a comment here, then check back in a week to see if you won and contact me using the email I'll post.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

12 comments:

  1. I love the Daggerwing! Simply gorgeous. Your framed artwork looks great. Your framer is right, and your choice of mat is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lady in pink <3 The frame is a perfect choice for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that! The lady in pink is lovely! The frame is just perfect for the picture.

      Delete
  3. I’d love to get the kit if it is still possible! Got here through Mirabilia Andromeda. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely pieces to start off the year. The mounts are perfect for Lady in Pink but it's a shame your Snow Globe will be put away already! Good luck with all your model stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely pieces to start off the year. The mounts are perfect for Lady in Pink but it's a shame your Snow Globe will be put away already! Good luck with all your model stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I had the same thing with the MH Believe kit - finished & FFO'd with only a few days to display over the season. I can see myself getting Christmas out early this year, LOL. Please enter me in the #passthestash!
    sewscrapmuse on Wordpress & IG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces - that lady in pink is just wonderful and I like your framing choices. I'd be tempted to keep the snowglobe out for just a bit longer as it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The globe looks lovely!I'd love to stitch it.Happy new year!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the style of Ms Daggerwing, especially her boots.
    It must be so frustrating wanting to share the model stitching and tempt us all with a new design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms Daggerwing is stunning - I dont think I've seen this pattern before. I'm looking forward to seeing all your new models once they are released!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady in Pink looks so wonderful in her new frame :)

    ReplyDelete