Tuesday, February 20, 2018

It's done, it's done!

Yes, I'm shouting, because last night at about 6 o'clock I put the last stitch into Halloween Quaker! The chart is from Lila's Studio, the fabric is Fall Foliage Belfast from Enchanted Fabrics (no longer in business) and the floss colors were picked from my stash--about 95% are Silk'n Colors by The Thread Gatherer:


The threads that aren't Silk'n Colors are from Rainbow Gallery; I used a few colors from their Petite Silk Lame Braid, including white glow-in-the-dark for the ghost (but I couldn't get a picture of it glowing):


I also used Rainbow Gallery Wisper for the spiders, so they are creepily hairy, and Petite Treasure Braid for the web:


A few more pictures:





After I finished last night I spent some time returning all the threads to their proper places in storage; it took a while considering this is what I started with!


So now my table is clear and I'm almost ready to start the Mirabilia model that's due in a few months; I might just take a couple of days to stitch part 3 of the Tempting Tangles Swans & Shears SAL that was released a few days ago.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! Love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this Quaker! I just love all the details and the gorgeous colours you used.
    The fuzzy spiders are so clever, and I love the little village too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually do any halloween stitching but I do love this design and might have to do it myself someday. It just looks amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome!
    Congrats on your finish.
    That's a LOT of threads!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I would love to have it and stitch it, but I know I wouldn't. So glad to be able to see it stitched like this. You are awesome Melanie! :) Great work. Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations! That is one awesome finish. Like Jo I love the hairy spiders and the lights in the little houses. It must have been so much fun to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Halloween Quaker finish - it looks amazing! I love the way the ghostie and the spiders pop, and think you selected the perfect fabric for the design. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the bright colors. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous sampler! I love the colours and those fuzzy spiders. Congrats on your finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish, it looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks Fantastic! Love the hairy spiders idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this looks fantastic! I love all the floss you chose to make it your own. This is one I'd like to think I'd stitch, you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete