Monday, March 19, 2018

Spook-y stitching

Spook Town Square, that is. I received the first part last Monday and had to start right away; here it is as of last night:


I'm using the DMC floss and PTP Haunted Belfast. I need to get back to "work" for now, but at least I think I'll be able to finish this part before the next one is released in May.

I also took some time to stitch part 5 of the Tempting Tangles Swans & Shears SAL:


I'm wishing I would have done the swans in a floss a couple of shades darker; it looked fine close up but tends to disappear as you get further away:


I'm toying with the idea of back stitching the outer edge with a floss a few shades darker than the fabric, but I'll decide after the entire motif has been completed.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh two lovely projects! I do like the fabric you've chosen for the Spooky SAL, it's a great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these two projects and can't wait to see your progress. The Halloween one is jut gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful projects! I just love the colors of the Halloween and how they really pop on that fabric. The Swans SAL is such a beautiful design ... I went to look for it and couldn't find anything that looked like yours - I'm guessing maybe you changed the colors or it's one where you pick your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, yes I'm choosing my own colors as I go; it's a great design for that.

      Delete
  4. Spook Town is looking great, you have gotten far on this already!
    Swans is so pretty, maybe when you have more done they will show up more.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! I'd love to know where you order your fabrics for - I want to move more towards dyed linens but am at a loss as to where to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few places I like to buy fabric from; PTP is Picture This Plus: http://www.picturethisplus.com/Default.asp. I also like Under the Sea Fabrics: https://www.undertheseafabrics.com/ and Fabrics by Stephanie: https://stephsfabbys.com/. Polstitches has some gorgeous colors as well, but they are in the UK so they cost a bit more: http://www.polstitchesdesigns.co.uk/fabricsindex.htm. I hope this helps!

      Delete
  6. Wow, both projects look great! You're right about the swan, though - it's a little pale against that fabric. A bit of backstitching might be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete