Monday, March 5, 2018

Spring is coming

Last week I saw the first robins in our yard and some Canadian geese flying over, so spring must be coming! Of course, we have a winter weather advisory for tomorrow, with 4" to 7" of snow possible--this is Wisconsin after all!

At least I have my Swans & Shears SAL piece to look at, with its spring-like colors. Part four was released last Thursday, and this was my stopping point for that part:


I also worked on a small project that I've been wanting to do for a while now, which was to make a display for these amazing little dragon needle minders from Claybykim that I've been collecting for a few months now. I used a canvas that I found in the craft section at Target, stitched the words on a piece of fabric and then stretched the fabric over the canvas; the back is open so I can attach the magnets easily. Now it hangs in my craft room and I can admire these works of art while I stitch:


On the model stitching front, Rosewood Manor released one of the designs I stitched at Nashville Market this past weekend:


Also at Market Glendon Place released a new Halloween design that she first mentioned in her FB group last July (I've been waiting impatiently ever since!); it is called Spook Town Square, and it will be released in four parts, with the first part being the gazebo in the center:


The model is stitched on PTP Tarnish Cashel, but I have a piece of PTP Haunted Belfast that's the perfect size, so that's what I'll be using. Yesterday I pulled the flosses and fabric from my stash, so now I just need 12 more skeins that I didn't have on hand, a box to hold all the floss and the first chart:


It's a fairly large piece, so I'm hoping to have each part done before the next part comes out; might be wishful thinking, though!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!


10 comments:

  1. Your Swans and Shears piece is very pretty with all the bright colours. The new SAL looks enormous! Lots of detail. I love your fabric choice, I think it will be perfect in colour as well as size.
    The Rosewood Manor piece must have taken some time as well! Does it seem strange that it's your stitching on the cover of the chart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been stitching for Karen for over seven years now, and it's still a thrill to see a chart photo that I stitched! On of the best ones is Cornwall Cottage Sampler, because it has my name stitched on it and sometimes it pops up in needlework ads on my computer and I get to see it in catalogs.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous stitching.

    New SAL??? Halloween, you say??? Lalalelala...I'm not listening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swans are looking great, and the Dragon needle minders are cool.
    Christmas Quilts is pretty, I've had my eye on it.
    The GP SAL will look great on Haunted, it's a great
    color for Halloween projects.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there is so much prettiness going on here! Swans & Shears looks awesome, and so will the Spooky Town Square, I'm sure. On the Rose Wood Piece I spent some time looking for that tree in the close up - until a discovered it and realized just how huge the design actually is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's 298 x 159, so pretty big. That tree was hard because I didn't want the dark thread to show through the fabric when I carried over between eyelets; I actually did that motif last because I was dreading it!

      Delete
  5. I love your dragon display board.
    Great progress on the TT too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your Swans and Shears, such pretty colours.
    Your dragon display is awesome, I love it!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your Spooky Town come together.

    ReplyDelete