Monday, June 18, 2018

Rainbow Ruminations

Last week I sent the Rosewood Manor model back, so I have been enjoying having no models currently in the house. I intended to get back to Spook Town Square, to try to get part 2 done before part 3 comes out in a few weeks, but Tempting Tangles' Rainbow Rumination called out to me and I couldn't resist!

I chose Silk'n Colors Kaleidoscope for the variegated thread, and it is so fun to watch it come off the skein and onto the fabric:


It's funny to me now that when I was a kid my box of eight crayons was always (unwittingly) arranged in a rainbow because that's how they seemed to go together best: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red, then brown and black because there wasn't really a good place for them!

Mirabilia Designs is celebrating it's 25th anniversary, and part of that is a small leaflet with a blurb about Nora Corbett, some pictures she likes and a chart called Portrait of Antique Vines, which I stitched:


It's a sweet little design, and would look good in a lot of different colors.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these Nora Corbett charts, it is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty piece you are working on! The thread you are using for it is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow Rumination is so pretty.
    The Mira 25th anniversary piece is gorgeous.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Kaleidoscope floss goes perfectly with the pattern! Such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just lovely. And I adore the pearl mermaid you have stitched! I have the peacock mermaid to finish, and I really like working with the Waterlilies silks-the color is amazing. I also want to make a quilt, using Terrence Nolan bugs. Would you consider making a copy of some of the patterns, like the Black Ladybug Duet? It is a travesty that these patterns are not available and out of print, and they are just so amazing. Think about it please? My email is nasha@nv.ccsd.net and I would be in your debt if you would be willing. Thanks! I love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In case you wonder, I read your blog in chronological order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all of your kind comments! I've been looking at some of the older posts that you've commented on and it's like a walk down memory lane. :)

      Delete