Monday, August 27, 2018

No models in the house!

Last Friday I sent a model back to Karen, and for the first time in a long time I don't have any models in the house; I feel so free! :D

I celebrated by making a new start on a chart I recently won on eBay, Three Amigas by Prairie Moon. It is part of their Crypt Club series, which unfortunately I didn't discover until after they were OOP and therefore fairly expensive to buy. I'm hoping to be able to trade the ones I finish for others in the series, so fingers crossed!

For the Amigas I went stash diving for some brighter colors--just because they're dead doesn't mean they can't be colorful!


I started it last Friday and made some good progress over the weekend, using PTP Haunted Edinburgh:


In other Halloween stitching I finished the hardware shop in Spook Town Square; here it is before the back stitching:


And after:


Saturday I finally got around to applying a sealant to the silver charm for Lady Mirabilia, so I was able to attach it yesterday and I'll be taking her to the framer today--going to be a long 2-3 weeks!


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Three Amigas Is going to look great on Haunted!
    Great progress on Spook town also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, colour up those Three Amigas, what fun!
    The Hardware Store looks good, back stitching makes all the difference.
    I can't wait to see Lady Mirabilia framed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishing all your models must have felt great! I always love the feeling of making some looming deadline. The Amigas are a great treat to stitch on, and I agree, they deserve some nice bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the other charts in the crypt serie you are looking for? I i hearted two of the prairie moon charts, perhaps one is one of this series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the ones I know of and don't already have I'm looking for The Crypt Club, Merry Xmas, Martini Witches and Zombies (though especially the first two!). Thanks for checking!

      Delete
  5. I am sure Lady M. will be gorgeous once she has her frame.

    ReplyDelete