Monday, August 13, 2018

Lady Mirabilia is done!

I stuck with her through that "hard to push through" phase and now she is done and I couldn't love her more (well, until I get her framed)!




I really love the symmetry that this one has with the first Mirabilia I ever stitched, Villa Mirabilia. They both feature elegant ladies, arched borders, banners at the bottom and even have Mirabilia in the name:



I finished Villa around 22 years ago (before I kept track of things like finishes!), and I still get as much joy stitching Nora's gorgeous designs as I did then; pretty amazing, as I generally get tired of things after a period of time.

The butterfly charm used in Lady Mirabilia is silver and apparently might tarnish over time, so I need to seal it with something before I attach it. I've ordered a metal protector, so I will take it in for framing once that is completed.

Speaking of framing, I got Nora Corbett's Miss Solar Ellipse back and I absolutely love her, as she's so bright and cheerful:


I'm planning on getting back to my barely-started Rosewood Manor model this week, but I took the weekend to work on my neglected Spook Town Square by Glendon Place. I was hoping to be able to finish the hardware store, but couldn't quite make it:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

12 comments:

  1. Lady Mirabilia turned out beautiful!!
    Congrats on your finish.
    Looks great on that fabric.
    Miss Solar Ellipse is bright & beautiful too.
    Nice progress on Spook Town Square.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stitching and congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Mirabilia looks gorgeos! You're right, she and Villa Mirabilia look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!!!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, she will look lovely framed! Your other pieces are gorgeous too!
    Spook Town Square looks great, I may have to add that to my want list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! me encantan tus trabajos! yo también soy fan de Mirabilia y Nora Corbett! recién terminé una sirena suya, te animo a que pases por mi blog! yo ahora te sigo, un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! me encantan tus trabajos! yo también soy fan de Mirabilia y Nora Corbett! recién terminé una sirena suya, te animo a que pases por mi blog! yo ahora te sigo, un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Villa Mirabilia and Lady M are great! You can stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there love your Lady Mirabilia. Could you tell me the color of the hand dyed fabric you used and where you purchased it. Thank you Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric was a color called Snickerdoodles by Sugar Maple Fabrics, which unfortunately went out of business quite a few years ago.

      Delete