Monday, July 30, 2018

Still going!

I've reached the point in the design where it seems to get harder to get motivated to work on it, but I am pushing through it and hoping for the best! Here is Lady Mirabilia as of yesterday:


Part of the problem right now is that our 14-year-old Chloe has been sick for a while now. She was diagnosed with a blood condition when she was three, and at that time we thought she might only live to be nine or 10, so these past few years have been like a huge bonus. As she doesn't come into the basement where my craft room is, I've been spending more time upstairs with her, which means I can't work on a project the size of Lady Mirabilia while I sit with her. I've pulled out a Laurel Burch Mill Hill kit to work on, and this is my girl sharing "her" couch with me:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet face. Sending gentle scritches to Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty dog! She looks like a puppy, not an old lady. Lady Mirabilia looks fantastic, keep going you're nearly there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great progress!
    Positive thoughts for cute Chloe.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that bit at the end of the project when the going gets tougher...but I very much approve of your decision to spend more time with your puppy. Lady Mirabilia won't run away anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not put it any better. Leonore said it all, and I agree 100 %.

      Delete
  5. Lady Mirabilia looks lovely, but worth putting on hold to be with precious Chloe. And how sweet of her to share the couch!

    ReplyDelete