Monday, July 2, 2018

A finish and another rescue

I was able to finish Nora Corbett's Moss Collector last Friday, and I am so glad that I pulled her out again as she is just so pretty and sparkly:


The wings were mostly stitched with Petite Silk Lame Braid, so they have a nice shimmer, and the moss also has some of that braid, as well as a lot of beads:



The beads used for the skirt are a clear mint, and I was concerned that they were a bit too light so I ended up using a couple of the green flosses to attach them, using colors that were better suited to the two tones in the skirt (olive and kelly). I have a few pieces at the framer that should be done soon, so I think I'll take this one with me when I pick them up and get her framed right away.

Since I enjoyed rescuing and finishing this one so much, I decided to go back to the bin and pull another refugee out, Miss Solar Ellipse:


After a couple of days work she now looks like this:


The back stitching in the wings makes a big difference in this one:


My goal is to finish this one later this week, and then I really need to get to work on a model, as I don't like to get too far behind on deadlines.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty. Backstitching is one of my least favourite things to do but it really does need doing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much of a different backstitching makes (even though I hate doing it - I love the effect).
    Both pieces are quite lovely - congrats on the finish and progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moss Collector turned out so pretty.
    Solar Eclipse is beautiful, the backstitching really makes it.
    Have a great 4th!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning stitches Mel! Thanks for showing Miss Solar Eclipse "before" and "after", the backstitching makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she is gorgeous - as is your next rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Moss Collector looks so lovely, beautiful colours!
    Wonderful progress on Miss Solar Ellipse.

    ReplyDelete