Monday, May 13, 2019

A bit bogged down

Just realized that it's been a month since I last posted, but I just haven't been doing any stitching for myself so I haven't had anything to share. About a week ago I sent back a couple of Nora Corbett models and made a small start on one for Rosewood Manor, then three came in from Tempting Tangles; having four in the house is making me a bit tense, so I need to make some good progress on them before I go back to working on my own pieces.

On the plus side, I was reminded of the joys of model stitching when I recently got back The Garden Flowers from Karen at Rosewood Manor, in a gorgeous frame that really highlights the stitched border:



I'm going to take this to my framer to have glass added before I hang it, as well as some others I've received previously that still need glass; the problem will be finding wall space!

A few days later I received the chart for the last piece I stitched for her, Hello Moon!:


I think this would be so cute stitched up as a birth sampler, but I don't have anyone to stitch it for! Maybe someday...

There will be two new Nora Corbett designs released in a couple of days, and they might be ones I've stitched, so hopefully I'll be able to share those next week; otherwise it will probably be a while before I post again.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy, that's a lot of model stitching! I'll be waiting patiently for you to be able to show them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Garden Flowers piece is beautiful. Wow, you've got a lot going on with the model stitching. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The RM piece is so pretty.
    Good luck with your model stitching, that's a lot!
    We'll all be here cheering you on & waiting to see all of them.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time reader. I am loving your blog!!! Your stitching is amazing. I have been stitching a long time and I am loving looking at your completed pieces!

    I have a question on what you do with your old charts. There is something you stitched 5 years ago and I am wondering if you still have the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I keep charts and other times I sell them or give them away, just depends on the chart; which one are you looking for?

      Delete
    2. Oh, I thought I replied on this. I was looking at Witches Hollow by primitive needle. I can't find it anywhere! Would you still happen to have that chart?

      Delete
    3. I was lucky enough to find a stitcher willing to lend Witches Hollow to me, so that chart was returned to her as soon as I was done with it. Sorry I can't help!

      Delete
  5. The Garden Flowers is so beautiful, the frame looks great with it.
    Oooh, I love Hello Moon!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your upcoming finishes, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete