Monday, May 20, 2019

Enchanted Alphabet is framed and almost home!

Last Tuesday I received an email from Amber at Rensel Studio that my Enchanted Alphabet was finished, and I am so pleased with their framing:


It is due to be delivered sometime today, and I can't wait to see it in person! I don't yet know where I'm going to hang it, but I have two more of Marilyn's designs that I stitched over 20 years ago (Morning Song and The Bride), and I think I might try to hang them as a grouping. The two older ones were stitched when I was still fairly new to cross stitch, so they are on Aida (as I hadn't made the move to linen/Lugana), and the fabric colors are pretty close to what the patterns called for, as I hadn't even discovered hand-dyed fabrics back then. My stitches also look a lot better than they did in those earlier pieces, so it'll almost be like a record of my journey as a stitcher to have them all together.

The Nora Corbett designs that were released on the 15th weren't ones that I had stitched, but one of them (Lily Pad Sprite) is one that I did do some frogging and re-stitching on. Nora had decided to make some changes after the piece had already been returned; here is what it looked like when I received it:


And after the changes had been made (mostly to one shoulder and the back stitching on the face):



The other one in this new series of Pond Pixies is Pond Lily:


I really like both of these, especially Pond Lily, and I'm looking forward to stitching them (and seeing more in the series!).

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I absolutely love the Pond Lily! She's gorgeous! I've just started stitching my first Mirabilia and I am hooked, your blog is a source of inspiration, thank you for sharing your work with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EA is sooooooo pretty!
    I bet even more in person.
    Cute new designs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Enchanted Alphabet is gorgeous - that thread you used for the letters worked perfectly, and the mats and frame set it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your alphabet is stunning, they do such a wonderful job framing!
    The fairy is gorgeous, I think the shoulder looks much better after the change.
    The Pond Lily is cute too!

    ReplyDelete