Monday, June 17, 2019

Miss Dragonfly is finished

I went back to Miss Dragonfly last Friday, and was able to finish her up yesterday morning. The black thread is Rainbow Gallery Wisper, which takes quite a bit longer to work with than regular floss (it's fuzzy, which means you have to use short lengths and pull through the fabric slowly as it tends to knot easily), but it does give a nice effect, especially for an insect-inspired design:




I am happy that I was able to finish her, as last week a Mirabilia model landed on my doorstep, so now I can use the Q snap that Miss Dragonfly was on to start that. I think I'm going to try alternating between the Rosewood Manor piece and the Mirabilia on a weekly basis for a while, then slip in one of the Tempting Tangles designs and see how much progress I can make that way. Regardless, I won't have much stitching I can share here for a while, though I think the Nora Corbett releases for July might be ones I've stitched, so hopefully I'll have a post then.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish.
    Miss Dragonfly is so pretty, love the colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Dragonfly is absolutely stunning! Inspired choice on the Whisper - congrats on your glorious finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks great! I don't think I've seen black Whisper thread before, most people only seem to use the white.
    Also, I didn't really realize what an amazing output Nora Corbett has before starting to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks fantastic, I hope you get to frame her soon!

    ReplyDelete