Monday, March 16, 2020

Thank you!

Thank you to all who wished my mom well with her health problems--I am happy to say that she has been recovering and getting some of her strength back. She is currently back at her own house so she can start going through things and donating or selling those things she no longer needs or has room for as she prepares to sell her house and find a more manageable place to live near us.

While things were improving with my mom one of my cats had a rapid decline and died at home in the early hours of the morning last Wednesday. My sweet Maxie was around 16 years old, and we adopted her when she was about 2 so we have 14 years of wonderful memories to take comfort in. She was allowed access to a couple areas of the house that the other cats were not, so she would stand by the door and talk very loudly until we let her in or out of those areas; the house is much too quiet with her gone. Here is my favorite picture of my girl:


I've had a hard time concentrating on much since she passed, so this weekend I decided to put the model away for a couple of days and stitch on something that I love. I had already kitted up Mirabilia's Duchess of Rouen, so I started her Saturday afternoon on a piece of Sugar Maple Fabrics Bewitched opal Lugana. Yesterday I finished her beautiful face, which was brought to life by the back stitching:



And stitched a bit more of her hair last night:


I'll see how progress goes on the model this week, and maybe work more on the duchess next weekend.

I've also been keeping up with Carolyn Manning's daily temperature SAL, though the temps have been going in the wrong direction lately:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week, give your critters some extra love and stay healthy out there!

8 comments:

  1. Glad your Mom is feeling better.
    So sorry about Maxie.
    That face looks very tiny, but so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better, and I'm so sorry about your cat! I have two cats and can't imagine life without them :( I'm sure you gave Maxie a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to her about your mum, but so sorry about your furbaby :( I hope your stitching give you a little solace, your new start is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so sorry about your sweet kitty. What a heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to hear about your Mom doing better, hopefully she'll won't work too hard getting ready.
    So very sorry about Maxie, treasure those memories.
    Such a sweet Duchess face, that's some big hair she's got!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy your Mom is better, but sad that you had to say goodbye to M the sweet purring friend. I hope the memories of M will give you some comfort.
    The Duchess looks awesome! The temperature thing is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete