Monday, March 30, 2020

Another thank you

Thank you so much for the kind comments about my sweet Maxie, they are much appreciated. It seems like most of the stitchers I know (virtually for the most part) have pets as well, and it is comforting to share with those who understand the joy they bring and the sorrow their loss causes.

I have been plugging away at the Mirabilia model, though I was disheartened to hear that Nora has decided to make some changes to the skin tones which will require re-doing some/all of the skin. Getting smooth lines along the skin edges is always the hardest part of a Mira and it's always a relief to be done with it, so hearing that I'll have to frog it and do it again was not good news. She wants to see a picture when I'm closer to being finished, so at this point I don't even know how bad it's going to be. Grumble, grumble...

I've still been doing a square each day on the Carolyn Manning daily temperature SAL, and am looking forward to seeing some brighter colors appearing in April. That orange in March seems like a long time ago, and even that was only 54F!


Little House Needleworks came out with a new design at Nashville market and it was just too cute to pass up so I ordered the chart along with the Classic Colorworks floss and the recommended fabric. When it arrived I took a couple of days off from the model to make a start on it, as it was just too tempting having all of the materials right in front of me!


I probably won't work on it again until the model is done, which I am hoping will be next month some time. I have a large Rosewood Manor model to start at that time, but I'll probably take a week or so to play with my own stitching before I do so.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. I love that spot of orange, hopefully there will be some more soon.
    Great start, & I hope your Mira re-stitch goes well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange has always been one of my least favorite colors, but I'm learning to appreciate it more now that it's associated with warmer days!

      Delete
  2. That new design is very cute :) I hope your model stitching goes smoothly and you won't have to make too many changes. I kind of thought Nora always used the same palette for her skin tones - guess I was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skin almost always consists of 948, 754 and 758 with some darker shades added at times--this one didn't have any of those. Although I guess it might end up with them now!

      Delete