Wednesday, April 15, 2020

At last!

Last fall I was working on a large Mirabilia design, and as she was finally released today I can share some pictures. This is MD169 Princess Elliana, and the one word that most came to mind as I worked on her was "glorious":









She uses about 60 colors of floss, including all 35 of the newest DMC colors, and she took about 10 weeks to stitch. I took progress photos about every two weeks, so here is how she developed:






The fabric is Wichelt's Peaceful Purple, and it is really perfect for the design. Usually I would be thinking of a hand-dyed fabric for a Mirabilia, but if I stitch this for myself I would use the recommended fabric. It's a gorgeous color, similar to DMC 3747 but maybe a tad darker.

This is the one that had quite a few errors in the chart (so many colors probably made it difficult for the graphic designer to convert Nora's hand drawn chart into a computer program), including one I didn't catch until it was almost done. The large purple roses had an incorrect color, a dark pink, and they were a bit of a pain to fix because I had already beaded most of them, but they ended up looking much better. See if you can spot the change:



I really want to stitch this one for myself as she is probably one of my top two or three favorite Mirabilia's to date, but for now I'm going to finish the current Mirabilia model (which should hopefully be done by the end of the weekend) currently scheduled to be released in October.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

16 comments:

  1. Just ... wow! Saw the design posted as a new release and wondered if you'd stitched the model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so exciting to open this one up when I received it; it's probably my favorite that I've stitched for Wichelt...so far!

      Delete
  2. She is just beautiful...wow...love the colors.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved lots of bright colors, and she certainly doesn't disappoint there!

      Delete
  3. WOW, Princess Elliana Is so beautiful!
    You've done a great job stitching it.
    So pretty & colorful.
    Congrats on your new model stitch.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, she was a pure joy to work on.

      Delete
  4. That is stunning. Just a beautiful riot of color and movement. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous! So many colour, but Nora just makes them all go together so well, she's brilliant like that.
    I also admire you for wanting to stitch her a second time - that's true dedication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the floss and fabric already (though I'm torn between two pieces of fabric right now), just need the chart to arrive...and some time!

      Delete
  6. OMGoodness, she's gorgeous, you stitching her beautifully! And I love all those stunning colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 63 colors--that has to be close to the most used in a Mirabilia, and they all go together so well; Nora is a genius!

      Delete
  7. OH MY your stitching is just amazing!!! Just stunning! How do you keep your place on the chart with such complex designs?! I have to stitch gridlines on my larger designs; otherwise I go nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of counting from various directions as I stitch to make sure everything lines up correctly; I usually catch any placement errors pretty quickly that way.

      Delete
  8. This is really beautiful and it's one I'd like to stitch. Do you know if the chart was corrected before it was printed for sale? I don't see mention of any corrections in the chart updates on mirabilia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe several of the errors did not get corrected before the chart was printed, so I am not sure why there isn't a chart update for this one. However, if an error is easy to spot you can fix it yourself using your own judgment, and if you don't see it then it's not a problem anyway. There is a Facebook group where several of these are discussed: https://www.facebook.com/groups/272663830411765. HTH!

      Delete