Monday, August 3, 2020

She's done, again!

The last time I posted I said I was hoping to finish Princess Elliana by the end of that week, but it turned out that was a bit too optimistic. It took until Wednesday afternoon of the following week to do, but she is finally done (for the second time)!




I knew that I wanted to send this to Rensel Studio for framing so I emailed them right away and heard back the next day that I could send it any time. So last Thursday she started her journey to Utah and should arrive today. Amber said they are even more backed up than usual, so I don't expect to see her again until the end of the year at the earliest.

I spent last Thursday putting things away in my craft room and running errands, and most of Friday was taken up with cleaning so it was Saturday before I stitched again. For the last couple of weeks of Elliana I hadn't been stitching a temperature square each day because I just wanted to get her done, so I was 15 days behind on my temperature SAL; it took most of Saturday to get caught up again:


We're only a couple of days into August and I'm already dreading the coming of winter! I've seen geese flying overhead, a few early leaves on the ground and the high temperature yesterday was only 70F--ugh! I'm not going to enjoy this SAL nearly as much as the cooler colors start to come back...

I was planning on starting a Rosewood Manor model yesterday but I couldn't quite get in the right mood for it so I picked up a project that I hadn't worked on since April 2019 and made a start on the castle:


I'd like to make this a weekend project, but I've said that before and it doesn't usually last very long so we'll see how it goes. It's such a gorgeous design and I've had it for close to 20 years now so it's really time to get it done.

Marilyn asked for pictures of Murphy and Roxie so here are a couple I took last week. Almost all of Murphy's pictures are taken in the chair behind my craft table because that's where he spends the majority of his time:


Roxie needed her thyroid medicine refilled early last month so we had her weighed and she was down to 37.3lbs. She had been losing 8 to 9lbs between refills but this time she only lost 2lbs. I guess it's just like with people--those last 5 to 10lbs are the hardest! The vet looked her over and said that she still needs to lose 10lbs, so the original goal of 28lbs was about right. Here she is as of yesterday:


This photo from early March has her in a similar pose and I think it shows a pretty drastic change:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Princess Elliana is so beautiful & colorful, love it on that fabric.
    Cinderella is going to be awesome.
    Murphy is so cute, & Roxie is looking great.
    Thanks for posting the pics.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish!!! I'm also happy that you posted pics of your gorgeous furbabies <3. Thank goodness we have them next to as when we do our crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching. I always like to see them on pretty fabric rather than just the standard, white, cream, beige, tan colours that models are often shown on. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait to see it framed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elliana looks stunning, well done! Personally, I am kinda looking forward to seeing cooler colours on my temperature stitched. I've used all the hot ones (well expect for one I don't hope we'll ever hit!), now it's time to go back down...
    Roxy looks great! She really has improved so much under your care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess Ellianna is stunning! I am getting her for my Birthday next month!
    The temperature SAL looks great too, you have had a hot Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elliana looks stunning and how wonderful that you sent it to Jill & Amber. It will be certainly be worth the wait when they're finished with her!
    Your temp chart looks good and it's really in the red, I hope it cools down for you soon.
    It will be nice to see Cinderella's castle come together, hopefully it won't take you too long!
    Wow, big difference in Roxie, she looks fantastic. She's a lucky girl to have you taking care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The princess is stunning!
    The temperature thing is awesome as usual.

    ReplyDelete