Monday, October 26, 2020

Mitten fever

 A couple of weeks ago I stitched my first mitten by Cross Eyed Cricket and really enjoyed having a small, colorful project that could be finished in a few days. This past weekend I decided to stitch another one, which I finished up yesterday--it is Cardinal Mitten, and was a freebie handed out by shops:


There are a couple of new CEC designs that I ordered last week and one of them has what looks like a mummy mitten, so I'm already planning to have that be the next one I stitch.

Last week early voting started here in Wisconsin so on Wednesday I went with a couple of friends (in case the line was long, which it wasn't) and voted for the first time since 1992. Ink Circles has a little freebie which I stitched up last Monday, so I didn't even need a sticker:


The final part in the Quakers in Scotland SAL by Tempting Tangles has been released, so here are a few photos of the full design:




The charts will be available for a bit longer then will disappear for a time until the entire chart is released at some point in the future (usually at double the SAL price), so grab the charts now if you think you'll want to stitch this.

Finally, here is the up to date temperature SAL:


I had stitched the border last December and I've worked on it almost every day this year so it was surprising when I sat down with it one day last week and a missing half stitch just jumped out at me:


Of course it's at the very bottom so my eyes wouldn't have had much reason to stray down that far until recently, but I still thought it was surprising.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. The mitten is just lovely. I do like to stitch some new Christmas designs very year, and this would be great to have out all winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute Cardinal.
    Great progress on your other stitching.
    The Temp SAL is turning out so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitten is cute, and that Quaker SAL is lovely! I love how the quaker motifs gather around that central motif with the ship, castle, and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mitten is adorable and nice for a quick stitch. I have a couple that I've saved, but haven't made any yet.
    Quakers in Scotland is lovely so far, I love the way the ship and Nessie look!
    The temps are coming down for sure, your SAL looks very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Temperature one! I am sure you'll tame it in no time.

    ReplyDelete