Thursday, October 15, 2020

Starlet by any other name

 Just a quick post to share the newest Mirabilia release, Starlet (MD172). I was surprised to see the name, because when I stitched her the title was The Red Carpet-Violet, but there was already a Violet pixie so maybe they thought the original name would be confusing. Regardless, I think she's very elegant, and reminiscent of some of the earlier Mirabilia designs (especially Rose of Sharon and Rose Arbour):




She only uses DMC floss and one pack of beads; there are a few beads in her hair and then a couple of "strands" in the pink wrap on the right side and at the bottom.

This is one where Nora decided on some changes to the skin after it had been stitched, mostly on her face and her back. Here is the original version:


And after the changes: 


I wonder if some of the shading was a result of being on the red carpet, with flash bulbs popping...?

She was a nice one to work on after Princess Elliana, which had 63 floss colors and a lot of different beads. I'd like to stitch her for myself at some point, though I'm thinking I'd like to make her a redhead.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Realmente elegante! y los cambios la han mejorado notablemente, la espalda tenia una forma "rara"
    Preciosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starlet is beautiful.
    You did a great job.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's stunning! I have to say though, I liked her back better before the changes (but her face is nicer after).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely, with such beautiful colours! I like the after changes, I think she looks a little bruised in the before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one called Starlet is awesome! Maybe the flash bulbs were the reason for the changes.

    ReplyDelete