Monday, November 16, 2020

Another mitten and a snow globe start

 A couple of weekends ago I stitched one more CEC mitten, Tartan Scottie, which is found in leaflet 348:

I used the same Silkweaver solo on opal Belfast that I used for the Cardinal Mitten, as it was just big enough for two. There is a freebie chart called Sophia's Scottie Mitten that is very similar to this one; it has a bit of a different pattern in areas, calls for a few different colors and it doesn't have the cardinal. Maybe someday I'll stitch it just for the fun of comparing the two!

I swore I was going to be good after this one and stop taking the weekends off from the Rosewood Manor model but then another design called to me and I used most of Saturday working on it. Victoria Sampler has a group on FB and they are currently releasing parts of a free SAL every Friday; this Friday was part 3 and these two cute little gnomes appeared and I just really wanted to stitch them! The chart shows them in different colors, but you are supposed to choose your own so I decided to make the male a Santa gnome (he's not charted that way):

The fabric is PTP Crystal Shadow, and I love how the sparkle looks like snow in the globe. The outline of the base has been released, but I'm going to wait to see the entire part before I stitch it--maybe this Friday.

The temperature SAL has had some ups and downs lately, being below average for a while then wonderfully above average for a week and now right around average:


It's been a while since I've done an update on Roxie, so I am happy to report that when she went to the vet just over a month ago she was down to 33.5lbs and is now right around her ideal weight. This morning she was stretched out sound asleep on the couch, but of course as soon as I tried to get a picture she woke up and raised her head (which is why one ear is flopped over -- and her tail started wagging!):


I originally thought it would take 15 to 18 months to get her to a good weight, so it was a nice surprise to get it done in just about 10 months.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!


5 comments:

  1. Awe, a great puppy finish!
    That snow globe is adorable so far, I'm going to have to look for that. Thanks for sharing.
    Wonderful news about Roxie, she must have been as determined as you were! She looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done, Roxie! What a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mitten is so cute!
    The Temp SAL is looking great.
    Roxie looks great, & she seems happy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, your two small stitches are so cute! I think you do deserve a weekend off here and there.
    Congrats to Roxie, she looks like such a happy and healthy girl now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dog looks awesome, same as your Temperature stitching.

    ReplyDelete