Monday, November 30, 2020

It's that time of year

 About this time every year I have a really hard time concentrating on large designs as I'm constantly thinking of all the things I need to do to get ready for the holidays, and this year has been no exception. So I have mainly been working on small projects and enjoying some small finishes. The one exception was Cinderella Castle which I spent some time on last week because there was a SAL in the Disney cross stitch group on FB. The metallic floss in the fireworks is not the most fun to work with, as well as the counting being difficult on the dark fabric so I could only take a couple of days of it, but I did make some progress on them.

Before:


After:


Those fireworks are going to take a while, but on the plus side once they're done working on the castle will feel wonderfully easy!

Last Friday the final part of the Victoria Sampler free SAL was released. The base was charted with an outline and the words "Gnome Sweet Gnome", but I decided to stitch it filled in and with the year on it--a memory of one of the weirdest years I've lived through! I wish I felt like finishing this into an ornament to hang on the tree this year, but since I still have to put the tree up I probably won't get to it this year:


The other small piece I worked on was Boo to You! by Lizzie*Kate, which I stitched on PTP Haunted linen using random colors from stash:

Finally, I just stitched yesterday's square on the temperature SAL--hard to believe we're almost into the final month. I've enjoyed working on this, but I'm definitely ready to be done with it in a month:

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

3 comments:

  1. Cinderella Castle is looking good, it will be so pretty.
    Cute smalls, & love that Temp SAL!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Temperature and The Castle look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fireworks looks great - you'll get this done eventually, putting in just a little bit here and there! These gnomes are precious too, great work.

    ReplyDelete