Monday, January 25, 2021

Holiday in the Forest

 Two new designs in Nora Corbett's Holiday in the Forest series were released this month and I like them even more than the first two. They are Winter Bear and Winter Hare, and I think they are just as cute as can be:


Before the charts arrived I decided to quickly stitch Winter Nest so I would be caught up with the releases; I stitched it on a Silkweaver Belfast solo in four days:



It joins Winter Owl in the finish pile:


Nora said that there were going to be six in the series but one didn't work out so there are currently five. She did ask if people wanted more and several people said that they did so I really hope she designs some more because I think this is such a fun series.

Last Friday the floss I needed to complete my CEC Mermaid Mittens arrived so they are now done as well:


I've now finished eight mittens since last October, and already have my next one picked out and ready to go when the urge strikes.

Today I think I'll be able to finish the current Rosewood Manor model. Sadly, Karen recently traveled to the UK to see her daughter Rachel, who suffered a traumatic brain injury about five years ago and who was going to enter hospice care. Rachel passed away on the 20th, with her husband and sons, sister and mom and dad all there. She leaves a big hole in all of their lives.

I heard from Wichelt over the weekend and they are going to send a model at the end of this week. Sounds like it's a big one, so that will probably keep me pretty busy for the next few months. It's always exciting when the package arrives and I get my first glimpse of the design.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

13 comments:

  1. I love these Nora designs, I think they are my favourite that have been released in the last few years. I am impatiently waiting for them to arrive in England so i can start them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so sweet, aren't they? And they're fairly small so they stitch up quickly, always a bonus!

      Delete
  2. Those winter birds and animals are lovely. Wish she'd do a fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people suggested a fox, so if she ends up doing more hopefully that'll be one. I think a squirrel could be cute as well.

      Delete
  3. The Winter animals are a lovely series, it's always nice when Nora does something a little different!
    I did hear about Karen's daughter, such sad news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked the animals in her designs, but I don't think she's done many on their own. After 27 years of designing I suppose it's hard to find new things to design!

      Delete
  4. Those designs are so cute.
    Love the Mermaid mittens.
    So sad about Karen's daughter.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. These animals are so cute, I think the hare is my favourite - hope you get around to that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to do the bear first and now a model has come in so the hare will take a while -- but I love him too so hopefully not too long!

      Delete
  6. OMGoodness, they are ALL so adorable. I do love polar bears, so that has to be my favourite one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sad about the woman who should have gone to hospice, but who passed away. Her death leaves a big hole in many hearts, I've no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete