Monday, August 15, 2022

At least stitching never fails me...

I'm sitting here waiting for someone to come work on the dishwasher that broke down at the end of last month (supposedly they'll be here sometime between 8-12), and while I'm waiting I'm trying to get my printer running again after the paper feed stopped working yesterday (and it's still not working after following the cleaning instructions, so I guess it's time for a new printer), so I am not in the best of moods this morning. Luckily, I have stitching to keep me sane, so it's time to think about that for a while!

Last Friday I finished Blackbird Designs Sunflower House, using the recommended materials:

I'm going to put the chart away for now, but someday I might stitch this again with some adjusted colors (especially in the border) just to see what it would look like. I dropped off six pieces at my framer about three weeks ago, so maybe when those get done I'll take this one over. It's funny because I have a pretty large amount of gift certificates built up for my framer (my husband loves giving them to me because it's a no-brainer gift), but during the lockdowns I couldn't do anything with them. And now I can get over there, but I have so many stitched pieces waiting that I get overwhelmed with choosing some to have done and I end up putting it off for another day!

After that was done I pulled out Dragon's Blood Mandala to stitch part 18, which was released last Thursday:

I'm getting anxious to finish this one, so once I've stitched the next couple of parts I might try stitching the bottom row by using the first five parts of the chart. If it gets too complicated I'll wait, but it would save about 10 more weeks of waiting for those last five parts if I could make it work, so definitely worth a try.

For now I'm going to go wash the printer ink off my hands and then figure out if I feel like working on Vintage Simplicity yet, or if something else is calling to me...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Sunflower House looks lovely all finished.
    I am sure it would be quite easy to finish Dragon's Blood if you flip and rotate the charts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works--I've never been very good at spatial orientation puzzles, so we'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Sunflower House turned out so pretty,
    Hope your problems are an easy fix!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; dishwasher was an easy fix and I got a good printer for a good price so it wasn't too bad in the end!

      Delete
  3. Sunflower House is so gorgeous on that blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are wonderful together, aren't they? Sometimes it's all about the colors for me, regardless of the style or subject matter.

      Delete
  4. Ugh, of course everything always has to fail all at once! Hope you got everything figured out and can now finish on your pretty stitching, though.

    ReplyDelete