Monday, August 1, 2022

Plans change

I had the best of intentions to get back to my Simplicity Vintage piece once I got caught up on current SALs, but I just received a chart for a design I've wanted to stitch for a while now so last night I made a(nother!) new start. The chart is Sunflower House by Blackbird Designs, and I just fell in love with the design and colors; here is my very small start:

I bought it with the threads and fabric on eBay, and while the fabric wasn't labeled I'm assuming it's the recommended color even though it looks much darker than in the chart photo. Of course, the photos are often misleading, and the floss colors look amazing with this fabric so I'm going to use it and assume it's correct!

I started it after I stitched the next part in the Dragon's Blood Mandala SAL, which now has 17 of 25 parts completed:

And before Dragon's Blood I finished up Heart in Hand's Doodles: Halloween, which was a fun little stitch:

I need to get some cleaning done this week so stitching time will suffer, but I'm hoping to make decent progress on Sunflower House, so tune in next week to find out.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. That is going to look so pretty on that dark blue fabric.
    Great progress on Dragon's Blood.
    Cute Halloween finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely fabric colour but it does look completely different to the cover photo! I'm stitching my 12 Days on Millenium Blue which comes out differently in different lights but not that different!
    The Halloween piece is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of the biggest differences I've seen between the chart photo and the actual fabric--it's going to look so different (but still amazing!).

      Delete
  3. Those sunflowers are going to look gorgeous on that fabric. Love your needle minder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunflowers are my favorite part of the design, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them come to life. And having a matching needle minder just makes me happy for some strange reason!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that's a great start with all the bright yellows! I think you deserved an other one for being so good with all your SALs.

    ReplyDelete