Monday, September 26, 2022

Almost broke my dog

So it turns out my string of "breaks" wasn't quite over, as last Wednesday my Murphy decided to chew through the cord on my (lit) lamp and electrocute himself! I came in from my walk and found a big mess on the floor (since he lost control of his bodily functions), and only after I cleaned it up and tried to put a new bulb in the lamp did I realize that the cord was chewed through and that was why the lamp wasn't working. A few hours and $200 later we were back home from the emergency animal hospital with a pain reliever for his tongue and instructions to monitor his breathing for the next two days, as the shock can cause fluid to build up in his lungs. I'm very happy to say that he has been fine, and I'm so grateful that he made it through relatively unscathed--it could have been so much worse!

Needless to say I didn't get much stitching done for a couple of days, but by Saturday I was able to get caught up on two current SALs. This is part 10 of Cecilia Votta's seasonal SAL:


Part 21 of Tempting Tangles Dragon's Blood Mandala was nice and small:

The next charts in the Amy Bruecken SAL probably won't get here until the end of this week at the earliest, so for now I'll continue with the Mirabilia model, which is starting to take shape nicely now.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness how scary. Glad he is fine now. Beautiful work on both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I would have been devastated if he had not made it through--the luck of that makes up for all my bad luck lately!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad Murphy is ok, how scary.
    Great progress on the SAL's.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost seems worse after the fact, as I think about what could have happened...!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that was scary! So glad your dog is going alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; it was scary, but he continues to do well so I hope that means no lasting harm was done!

      Delete
  4. Oh no, I hope he's back to normal by now and knows better than to chew on cords!
    Nice progress on your stitching, I'm glad you were able to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murphy is back to normal but now I'm still freaked out that he'll do it again. Hopefully negative reinforcement kicked in and he'll never try it again!

      Delete