Monday, September 19, 2022

Gearing up for more SAL parts

Last week I finished up Heart in Hand's Halloween Tiny Town and Halloween Frill, adding the Frill to the Town:

This is probably my favorite Tiny Town so far, though someday I might stitch it again with some more colors added in. I was hoping to get this sent to the finisher to be made into a drum, along with Blooming Tiny Town, but apparently this is her big Christmas-finishing season so she said to get in touch with her in November--kind of bummed about that.

Once that was done I stitched part 20 of Dragon's Blood Mandala:

I was planning to use the top row of the chart to finish the bottom row but my time is probably better spent on the model for now, so I'll just continue to stitch each of the last five parts as they are released.

In preparation for the release of the final three charts in the Amy Bruecken A Little Batty SAL I spent a day stitching the bottom checkerboard base, so I'm ready as soon as the charts arrive:


I've spent a few days on the model now, and plan to continue with that until later this week, when there will be another part of the Cecilia Votta SAL released on Wednesday, Dragon's Blood on Thursday and A Little Batty probably either late this week or sometime next week.

I did see in a newsletter yesterday that a model I stitched for Rosewood Manor last year is going to be released soon, called Dreaming of Poppies:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful pieces. Hey I stitched for Rosewood Manor too. How cool. What a gorgeous piece. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen is really nice to work for, isn't she? Haven't had any new ones from her in a while, but there are still three more that I've stitched that haven't been released yet.

      Delete
  2. Great progress on all.
    That Rosewood is gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are wonderful in it, very bright and happy.

      Delete
  3. Your Halloween stitching looks amazing! I can understand that you're bummed out it won't be finished in time to put it up this year.
    Wow, the colours on that poppy sampler are positively glowing - not much of a sampler person but I might need to pick that one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often stitch samplers for myself, but I always enjoy Karen's designs when I get one to work on.

      Delete
  4. Such an adorable town finish, it will look great as a drum.
    Nice WIPs and your Poppie stitch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors in Poppies are so bright and happy, made it a very fun stitch.

      Delete