Thursday, December 15, 2022

Nightingale released today

I'm excited to share the newest Mirabilia released today, MD185 Nightingale, Nora's tribute to nurses everywhere:

"Florence Nightingale revolutionized nursing with her round blue diagrams called blue roses. Her dress is a myriad of blue patterns that gleam like china. It is said that she gifted a friend a delft blue and white vase. She carried a lantern at night to attend to the sick and wounded. The same light that radiates in all nurses and caregivers everywhere."




Fun fact: Nora's original drawing had her holding a lantern, but she left it out when she created the chart. This is the first finish:


After seeing the photos Nora decided to put the lantern back in, and she called for glow in the dark Kreinik to be used:


It's a truly stunning design, and will bring people a lot of pleasure as they bring her to life.

20 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous design for sure...as are so many of Nora's designs. I am reminded of the very first "report" I had to write in grade school. I was assigned Florence Nightingale. Happy stitching! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing design Melonie, a true beauty.
    Thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, it really is a beautiful design.

      Delete
  3. Que belleza de diseƱo¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; it's one of my new favorite's that Nora has designed as I always love a big skirt.

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous!
    You did a great job stitching it also.
    I just love the colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, it was fun to see it come to life.

      Delete
  5. Wow, she looks amazing! You stitched it beautifully, and I'm glad the lantern was included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the lantern is almost essential if she's representing Florence Nightingale, so I'm glad it was added, too!

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous design, the lantern definitely balances the design. I think this shows why it's so important to have designs model stitched before releasing them. Certainly for large and complex designs like Nora's.
    The skirt is pretty epic but I'm sure it was fun to stitch with all the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big-skirted ladies are generally my favorites, so definitely a fun stitch!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing her story as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

      Delete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous, such a lovely tribute! I agree that it looks better with the lantern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the lantern really establishes that she's Florence, so I'm glad it was added in the end.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  10. I am going to embroider this design for my daughter's gift to the doctor. Do you know why this fabric color was chosen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of Nora's designs use Wichelt linen, partly because it is easily obtained by shops for those stitchers who only want to use what the chart calls for. As with any chart it is just a suggestion, and part of the fun of being a stitcher is choosing a fabric that calls to you for a design. I hope it brings you many hours of stitching enjoyment!

      Delete