Monday, January 30, 2023

Still here and still stitching

I've been stitching steadily since my last post, but I just haven't been in the right mood to blog about it as health concerns are still weighing on me. I'm still waiting for a definitive diagnosis, and the uncertainty gets stressful at times but stitching helps occupy my mind and keeps me from obsessing (for the most part).

I finished the Mirabilia model on January 7, then had to wait for an answer to a question and then had to wait again for final approval and was finally able to send it back last week. If it stays numbered as it currently is it should be released this June. For now, I'm taking a break from models until my health issue is a bit more settled; I'm hoping to take in another one around the beginning of summer.

Once the model was finished I spent a few days completing Mill Hill's Snow Fun ornament that I had started four days after my surgery. I had only gotten the hat and face done, then the counting felt like too much at that time so I put it aside. Now it's done and it's cute as can be--I especially love the little cardinals:


Once that was done I pulled out my conversion of Mirabilia's Lady of Mystery, which I hadn't worked on since January 2022 (can't believe it was that long ago!). Here is where I had left her:


I've been working on her steadily for a few weeks now and I should have her done sometime this week; just last night I finished the third of four skeins of DMC 823, and all of the Kreinik (11 spools) is done as well:


Just have one more skein of 823 left to do, and then fill in the rest of the beads in the skirt; can't wait to have her done! She's definitely going to go to Rensel Studio for framing, and hopefully she'll be ready to come home around the end of the year.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

13 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts. I hate waiting for test results. I went through it a lot last year and it's annoying and so scary.
    Beautiful stitching!! That Lady of Mystery is just breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good thoughts. I hope your issues have resolved and you're doing better this year. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get some answers soon.
    Waiting causes so much anxiety.
    Mr. Snowman is too cute!
    Lady of Mystery is so gorgeous.
    I'm sure Rensel Studios will do her justice.
    That;s a boatload of Kreinik!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; hope you're staying warm this winter!

      Delete
  3. Keeping you in my prayers, Melanie. What a blessing stitching is. Hope it continues to soothe you, and praying you get good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. I was very sorry to read about your beloved Tiger Lily; I hope your beautiful babies are bringing you comfort.

      Delete
  4. Hello Melanie: I am sad to hear you have a health problem, I hope they give you answers soon, its terrible and so hard to wait.
    Mirabilia is a stunning, I hope you show a photo of her framed.
    The snowman is adorable.
    I am putting you on my daily prayer list if that is okay.


    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, I appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you're hanging in there and stitching - wow, Lady of Mystery looks great, but that's a lot more stitching than you'd think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, that skirt is deceptively huge--it took almost all of the fourth skein of 823 to finish.

      Delete
  6. The waiting is so hard, I hope you have some answers soon, if you haven't already since I'm commenting so late.
    I think I have that cute little snowman, but have yet to finish it. Now I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good thoughts. :) Hope you can finish your little snowman soon--he's a happy little stitch.

      Delete