Monday, May 15, 2023

Saw some pelicans (I think!)...

...so it must be time to start Seaside Tiny Town! Honestly, the timing of this was so fun; I went for a walk this morning and saw a group of pelicans (I think that's what they were, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) swimming and feeding:

Then the charts arrived in the mail this afternoon:

I'm going to pull the threads tonight (I know I have at least some of them) and pick a fabric, then I'll be ready to start it either tonight or tomorrow. First, I want to do about 20 stitches on Black'd Skie to finish up the border of the fifth square:

I finished the fourth square last week, and am hoping to get back to this within the next couple of months:



This past Saturday I went to a local stitch group for the first time and had a really nice time meeting and chatting with the five other stitchers who attended. I wasn't sure what the room set up would be, so I didn't want to take Black'd Skie, which is pretty large; instead, I took a piece that I had just barely started a few months ago:


The group will meet again in June, so I'll probably take this piece again since it's an easy one to work on while chatting (though I did have to frog a bit because a couple of those bricks are six stitches long instead of five like the majority of them were!).

Yesterday I pulled up Cathy's finishing video for the Polar Plunge series and got the matboard and batting cut for all six ornaments:


That's all of the preparation I can do for these now until they are all stitched. I finally ordered the next two Sunday night, but they probably won't ship for about a week--that gives me just enough time to get the Seaside Tiny Town done before they get here.

I'm a bit surprised that I got quite a few crafty things done last week, since I finally spent a couple of days cleaning out the garage. It only took three trips to the dump this time, instead of the four it took for the basement, and now I even like taking the kitchen garbage out to the bin because it looks so nice out there. :D

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. You are correct, they are Pelicans.
    We have a lot of them here in Horicon, along with a lot of other beautiful Waterfowl, we live on a river.
    Love Black'd Skie.
    Cute project to take to a SAL.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confirmation. We've been getting more water birds around here in the past few years, but this was the first time I saw pelicans, so it was very fun!

      Delete
  2. Your feathered friends had great timing for a visit - I'm very much looking forward to seeing Tiny Seaside Town stitched up, and the next entried in the Polar series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The timing was so fun--almost like an omen (the good kind!).

      Delete
  3. I would say that was perfect timing to receive and start stitching the Seaside!
    How wonderful that you were able to meet up with fellow stitchers, and even better that you have future plans to get together again. That is a great traveling piece, but no more frogging!
    Looking forward to seeing more of the Polar Plunge when you get them.

    ReplyDelete