Monday, December 11, 2023

Time to buckle down

I'm happy to say that model stitching is back on track now; I got an answer to a question about the first one, made the changes required and it has now been approved, so one is completely done. I received the revised chart for the second one and made good progress over the weekend, especially considering I spent a good part of yesterday putting up the Christmas tree. The revised chart for the third one should be arriving any day, and then hopefully things will go more smoothly for a while!

Last week while I was waiting for the chart(s) to arrive I spent some time charting out Nora Corbett's latest Patreon chart, Starry Starry Christmas Eve. It's another artist-inspired tree like last year's Klimt Tree, and it's going to be stunning!

I'm waiting on a skein of Sable Waterlilies, so it's not in the photo, and I couldn't figure out how to chart the bugle beads in the tree within the tree, but this at least gives an idea of what it will look like. I think I have an idea of how to do the bugle beads now, so next time I'll be ready; every time I work on one of Nora's Patreon charts I learn new things to use on the next one. I won't be able to work on this for a while, but hoping to get back to it once the models are done. If you've thought about subscribing to Nora's Patreon, now would be a good time; there are several charts from this past year that are still available until the end of this year.

Speaking of models, a Rosewood Manor that I stitched a while back has been released; it's called Dreaming of Violets:

The project bag that I had made from the Queen City Retreat project is finished and should arrive today. Karen didn't send a photo, so I'm excited to open the package and see how it turned out; tune in next week for photos.

Now that the Christmas tree is up, I'm going to spend part of today wrapping presents and getting an idea of whether I'm done shopping or if I need to pick up a few more little things. At this time last year, I was still waiting for biopsy results and feeling very scared and fragile, so I am especially grateful as I get ready for another Christmas.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. That's going to be an awesome piece!
    Dreaming of Violets is a gorgeous stitch.
    Glad you got your answers so that you can move on.
    Positive thought for your biopsy results.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad everything is back on course with your model stitching! The Starry Christmas Tree will look stunning, not typical Christmas colours for sure but so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hoping to have the second one done by the end of the year!

      Delete