Monday, February 22, 2021

Maybe I can catch up

 Friday evening I pulled out the SAL from Serenita di Campagna with the intention of at least finishing days 2 though 5 since they are pretty small designs. Not only did I get them done but I made a good start on the first block and am now thinking that I could get it done either today or early tomorrow, so I think I will keep it out and finish it. The next part will be released on March 1st, so there won't be anything to work on next weekend anyway. Here it is as of last night:





I'm using the recommended floss but also adding in some metallics and beads and switching a few colors around. I really don't do much Christmas stitching but there was just something about this one that appealed to me, plus the fun of each part being revealed over time.

My Princess Elliana arrived safely home from Rensel Studio so I was able to take a couple of pictures of the painting on the mat, which pulls from the lace in the dress and the flowers:




Now I need to move some things around to find a place to hang her--she's huge!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute project.
    Princess Elliana is beautiful.
    I bet you can't stop looking at her!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embarrassed to say that she's currently in a closet (to keep pet noses off the glass) while I work up the ambition to rearrange some pictures to make room for her!

      Delete
  2. your work is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment, it's appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Great progress, that really is a sweet SAL.
    Wow, another fantastic framing, she looks even more stunning with that frame! I hope you find the perfect spot to show her off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still working on finding a spot--one of these days!

      Delete
  4. The Advent SAL looks lovely, but that painted matt is just stunning - worthy of a princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a long process to have Jill and Amber do a job, but they really do add so much to a piece. I'd go crazy if they were local and I could use them for everything!

      Delete
  5. Lovely work on the SAL. The framing is just amazing, those flowers perfect for design. I don't know how they do it every time! Just enough to enhance without overwhelming the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It's nice to work with Jill and Amber and be able to trust their vision.

      Delete
  6. The Princess Elliana is lovely! And the framers did fantastic job, if I'm asked.

    ReplyDelete