Monday, February 8, 2021

Princess Elliana is on her way home

 Last Monday afternoon I received the long-awaited email from Amber at Rensel Studio that my Princess Elliana framing was finished, and I am thrilled with how she turned out:

I love the painted lace and roses on the mat that were pulled from the dress and am looking forward to seeing them close up when it arrives; they do such amazing work! I mailed this one in at the end of July, so the whole process took just over six months, but it is well worth the wait.

I finished the stitching on Winter Bear last Wednesday and then spent a few hours on Thursday adding the beads and treasures--doing those bead swirls on opal Lugana was not very enjoyable, but the result makes me very happy:




A Mirabilia model arrived last Monday, so I started that Thursday afternoon and have made good progress so far. The blog will probably be quiet for a few weeks while I concentrate on that, but I'll probably either start Winter Hare or a CEC mitten design for a small break later this month.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

12 comments:

  1. The framing is exquisite. I do love this bear, I am not keen on beading but my least favourite part of all is backstitching. I am presently doing a snowdrops design and somehow hadn't realised that the entire is backstitched afterwards, it really will need it to give lovely curves around the leaves and petals but i am not looking forward to that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back stitching adds so much to some designs, but I agree it's not as fun as the actual stitching. Sometimes I like to take before and after photos just to see the difference, and I usually do the BS as I go instead of leaving a bunch to do at the end.

      Delete
  2. Hafcik z białym niedźwiadkiem -rewelacyjny.
    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he is a very sweet bear and was fun to stitch.

      Delete
  3. Princess Elliana is so beautiful, they do such a great job.
    Winter Bear looks great with all his beads.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; hope you're staying warm during this nasty cold spell--perfect weather for staying inside and stitching!

      Delete
  4. Princess Elliana is stunning and does deserve a beautiful frame and mat. I love the way they pull out little details to enhance the piece without overwhelming it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they could frame all my pieces! They cost about the same as my regular framer but with far more work involved with the decorated mats.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Princess Elliana is absolutely gorgeous! Another fab framing from Amber.
    And look at that sweet bear now, I think I love it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the bear, he's so sweet and the scarf is the perfect touch!

      Delete
  6. Wow, those drawn details are amazing! Good luck with your model stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The princess finally made her way home so I'll post a couple of close ups of the mat painting tomorrow--Jill and Amber do such beautiful work.

      Delete