Monday, February 1, 2021

Where does the time go?!

 Last Tuesday I was deciding what to work on in between models and I pulled out Joan Elliott's Fairy of the Wind. It doesn't seem like that long since I started her, but I looked in my photos to see the last update and it was in December 2018--I never would have thought it had been more than two years! This is what she looked like right before she disappeared into the WIP black hole:


And here she is as of last Friday:


Not sure when I'll get to her again, but at least quite a bit of the top portion is complete.

Friday afternoon the Holiday in the Forest charts arrived and I immediately pulled the threads, picked a a fabric and dove right in. I decided to do Winter Bear first because he has less background and should stitch up more quickly then the hare so I have a better chance of finishing before the next model arrives. Here he is as of last night (fabric is an opal Lugana Silkweaver solo):


I did look over the Winter Hare chart and noticed a couple of errors: the L symbol in the chart is not listed in the key--it should be Kreinik #4 9294. The circle with a dot in the center symbol next to Kreinik 9294 in the key should be the Kreinik #4 027. I also saw that the Caron Waterlilies 045 is only used for 24 stitches in the rabbit's sweater. If you don't already have that floss and don't want to spend $6.50+ for a skein for 24 stitches then there is a good DMC substitute:


I'm looking forward to stitching the rabbit, but for now it's back to work on the bear; hoping to finish him tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

9 comments:

  1. Fairy of the Wind is so beautiful, I love her sweet face.
    Holiday in the Forest are very nice designs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the Fairy, Joan does beautiful fairies.
    The winter animals are lovely too. I wonder if Nora will break her tradition and design more than six in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope she designs more as it's one of my favorite series that she's done, especially the bear and hare--so sweet and whimsical.

      Delete
  3. Fairy of the Wind is so pretty, she'll make a great treat project between obligation stitching! But these forest critters are so cute as well. I love the hare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll almost certainly stitch the hare before I get back to the fairy--he's just too cute!

      Delete
  4. She looks great after coming out of the black hole! I hope she gets rotated in more frequently than before if you're able to.
    Nice progress on the polar bear, such a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the fairy won't disappear for more than two years again; so many great designs and such a (relatively) slow process!

      Delete
  5. I just know you will tame your current WIPs in no time.

    ReplyDelete