Monday, February 15, 2021

Two new SALs

 I recently signed up for a couple of SALs, one of which has already had a couple of parts released and one that has just the border so far. Saturday I started the one from Jardin Prive called Au fil des Nichoirs, which is going to have six parts released at the first of every month starting in March and ending in August. I received the border last week and stitched it on Saturday:


It calls for a brown DMC for the border but I switched it out for a variegated Silk'n Colors that contains several of the colors used in the design; hopefully it'll end up looking okay. Here is a preview from the designer:

I'm looking forward to receiving part 1 in a couple of weeks, though I don't know yet if I'll be able to keep up with the parts as they are released. For anyone interested the info can be found here.

The second SAL is from Cecilia Votta, who now designs under the company name of Serenita di Campagna. Her SAL is an advent design which has had the border and the first five days released so far. This is my progress from yesterday:


I'm almost positive I won't be able to get caught up and then keep up with this one, so I'll just work on it once in a while when the mood strikes. Here is the designer's photo of the piece so far:


Anyone looking for this SAL should go to the designer's FB page and find her contact info there.

That was my weekend off from "work" stitching, and now I can get back to it refreshed and ready to make a lot of progress.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

12 comments:

  1. Those are both very pretty SAL's.
    Good luck on your progress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hoping I can make progress even if I can't get/stay completely caught up.

      Delete
  2. Two lovely SALs. It will be fun to follow your progress on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to work on the Christmas one at least one day this weekend, stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie I saw your finish Lady Mirabilia and loved it. Can you tell me the name of the fabric and where you purchased it. Thank you Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replied to the email address you sent, hope you received it.

      Delete
  4. Those are going to be beautiful. Cecilia has such pretty designs. I have a few I need to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about a dozen of her flower/lady designs that she did for Jeanette Crews that have been in my stash for years but I've never started one. I was glad to see she's formed her own label now and brought back some of the older designs.

      Delete
  5. Fun SALs! Hope they'll both turn out great in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hoping to keep up and have two finishes by the end of the year.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen the 1st one before, that's going to be so sweet! The 2nd one I have seen and I like that on too. Enjoy and stitch when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a bit different from what I normally stitch but were so cute I couldn't resist!

      Delete