Saturday, January 19, 2013

Eyes, don't fail me now!

Wednesday, I drove up to The Stitching Bee and picked up the first two designs in the Santa's Village series from Country Cottage Needleworks. I was anxious to see how the houses would look on the fabric I chose, so I took a couple of days off from the model I'm stitching to work on Santa's House. Here is my progress as of last night:


I love the way it looks; however, this 2-over-1 stitching is not particularly easy for my 45-year-old eyes! It's also a bit harder to push the needle through the holes; I'd probably be done with this house if I was stitching 2-over-2. But I will persevere, because I do really love the way it looks on this fabric. CCN just released the third design, so I'd better get my model done soon, so I can get caught up!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I'm lovin Santas Village.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 31 and my eyes can't handle anything higher then 18 count due to a few issues and ops. It looks stunning on the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! I love the CCN designs but sadly can't find them in UK :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mii, don't know if you purchase online, but if you do, you can find CCN design in this uk shop: http://www.sewandso.co.uk/man28-336.html

      Delete
  4. Great start! Can't wait to see more of this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice fabric that you chose! Will the houses be in separate boxes and not connected?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently stitching on 32 ct fabric and let me tell you my nearly 50 year old eyes don't like it one little bit LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's going to look awesome on the Tattersall fabric.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete