Monday, October 1, 2018

Sad days

Two weeks ago this past Saturday we had our sweet Chloe put to sleep, and I'm still at a loss without her. We had her for more than 14 years, which was actually a lot longer than we thought we would have her when she was diagnosed with a rare blood condition when she was 3, and we have treasured every one of those years.


For once even stitching hasn't provided the solace that it usually does, though I have been doing some off and on. I have a couple of Nora Corbett models that came in a few weeks ago that I need to get back to, but right now I don't really have the concentration for "work". Last night I spent several hours in the mindless task of cutting about 300 yards of silk into usable lengths. I had bought this hank from Silks4u about 4 years ago:


And now it is in about 300+ yard-long lengths ready to use:


I've been thinking about getting Long Dog Sampler's Death By Cross Stitch, and this might be the perfect floss to use with it.

It seems like a long time ago now, but I did get Lady Mirabilia back from the framer, and am very happy with how she came out:





Some of the stitching I have been doing is a Halloween bookmark SAL that was handed out in four parts in the Victoria Sampler Chat group on FB. Part 4 was released last Friday, and as with a lot of VS charts it had some Hardanger at the bottom; since I have yet to learn how to do that, I just added some other stitches and called it good:


I've also started a Bent Creek design called The Haunted House:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week, and if you have a fur baby please give them a kiss or pet in memory of my precious Chloe.

9 comments:

  1. I am really sorry for your loss. I have a dog and I am so scared she will eventually leave us one day.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, RIP sweet Chloe.
    Lady Mirabilia looks beautiful in that soft gold frame.
    Gorgeous silk floss!
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for your lost. Your Chloe was a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a sweet girl, I so sorry you're missing her.
    Such beautiful colours, that would be fun to use for that sampler.
    Your Lady looks absolutely gorgeous framed, I hope she's hung somewhere were everyone can see her!
    Fun Halloween pieces, the bookmark looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. que hermoso el Mirabilia! es una belleza, felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( I'm sure Chloe hat a wonderful long life with you, but it's still hard to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am truly sorry for your loss. It is never easy to say goodbye to a pet, but you did what you had to do. It was for C's best.

    ReplyDelete