Monday, February 4, 2019

Two wings down, two to go

I was right that the wings on Miss Dragonfly were going to be time consuming; I've managed to finish two of the four, and made a start on the remaining two. The back
stitching between the wing segments adds quite a bit to them:


And it makes for nice, clean lines over the partial stitches along the edges between colors:


That's part of the reason I'm looking forward to finishing the two bottom wings, so I can back stitch the arms, which look kind of wonky right now. Here's where I'm at as of last night:


Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to finish the wings before some models come in; I should be receiving three Nora Corbett pieces tomorrow, and a Rosewood Manor design later this week. One of the NC designs has already been stitched by someone else, but Nora decided after they had already gotten it back that she wanted to make some changes, so I'm going to be frogging and re-stitching part of it; it needs to get done as soon as possible in order to be ready to be released on schedule, so that will be all I work on until it's completed. Might not have much to share for a while.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. Miss D is looking great.
    Live the colors on this one.
    Good luck with your models, you will be busy for awhile!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you'll have to stop stitching her for a while, she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress! Have fun with your new models, although frogging and restitching doesn't sound like much fun at all...

    ReplyDelete