Monday, March 18, 2019

I cheated, but just a little

I worked on the Vervaco mini secret SAL this past weekend and almost finished the vase on the top shelf. It only needed a couple more hours of work to complete the greenery, so I cheated a bit and finished it this morning:


Those pink flowers were charted to be the same as the other batch of yellow ones, but I had some nice pinks in my floss box for another design so I decided to add a bit more color to this piece and I'm really happy with the result.

I actually would have finished this last night except that I spent a couple of hours on Saturday driving up to my LNS for a Nashville Market show. There were quite a few designs that caught my eye this time; I had already placed an order for several items, and then picked up just a few more at the shop. I love the Meow and Woof blocks by Hands on Design, so I pre-ordered those, and I like the Scary Apothecary series but I was really trying to resist them--until I got to the shop and saw them in person and just had to have them!


As I love Halloween stitching I also picked up new ones from Praiseworthy Stitches and Glendon Place; GP's Phantom Plantation is now my favorite of Cheryl's haunted houses so far:


Those cute little buttons are from Puntini Puntini; not sure what I'll use them for yet, but I know I'll find the perfect project at some point.

Also got a couple of Ink Circle charts that looked like they would be fun to play around with using various color combos, and a sweet little design by Blackberry Lane Designs:


Finally, I had pre-ordered a couple of the new PTP fabrics and they actually showed up that day, which was lucky. These are Demoiselle and Memory on Belfast and opal Belfast:


I can see Demoiselle becoming one of my new PTP favorites, as it would look good with a lot of Mirabilia designs, especially the fairies--I might have to dig Adia out one of these days...

As for my Enchanted Alphabet, I went with option #3. I almost chose the first one, with the deep purple mat, and even wrote the email with that choice, but the more I looked at it the more I thought it would draw too much attention towards the little girl and away from the letters. I think the third option will bring forth the letters a bit more, as it pulls the colors from them really nicely. Honestly, with Jill and Amber working on this I don't think there is any such thing as a bad choice.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. Love this SAL, so cute!
    Great stash haul!
    I'm sure Jill & Amber will make your alphabet fantastic.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few hours of cheating is fine, especially if it finishes such a beautiful vase! I love your colour choice for the flowers.
    You made some lovely new purchases as well...I especially love the Ink Circle ones, I really need to stitch one of their mandalas some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cheated well, I'd want to finish the vase too! It looks pretty and colourful.
    You got a nice haul, so many cute designs. Do you know which one you'll start first? The fabric is lovely too.
    Yes, you picked #3! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete