Monday, March 11, 2019

Past the halfway point

Unbelievably, I am still sticking with my plan to work on the Vervaco mini SAL only on the weekends; it's been five weekends now, so that must be a record for me! I didn't post last Monday, but here is how it looked then, with the sleeping kitten complete and a vague outline of a third cat:


And as of last night, with another adorable kitty completed:


I'm thinking it will take another four weekends to finish, though if I'm fairly close to being done on a Sunday I might just keep going into the week to finish it.

Last month I took a day to clean up my craft room; my stitching table was slowly getting buried under a pile of finished pieces, WIPs in Qsnaps and patterns, floss boxes and rings of overdyed flosses for the various projects. One of the finishes was Enchanted Alphabet, which I ironed and then finally sent off to the amazing Jill Rensel for framing. I was so excited when Amber emailed with some choices for the frame and mats! Here are the options she sent, in the order they were in the email:

#1:

#2:

#3:

I was initially drawn to one of these, but as I was typing my reply to her email I started to change my mind, and ended up with a different choice. I'm curious what others would choose, so I'd love it if you would comment and let me know which one you would pick; I'll share my final choice next week.

So now the waiting starts to receive a photo when Jill and Amber are done with it, which probably won't be until sometime in May at the earliest (and more likely June) as they get so many pieces. They will be doing some painting on the mats, which I leave entirely up to them; all I told them was that as I stitched it I was thinking that it looked like the letters were flowers growing in her garden, so I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. I really like #1. The dark mat shows off the light colors in the design.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on the SAL.
    This is going to be so cute!
    I like the 1st set for Enchanted Alphabet.
    It looks great with the gold frame.
    Can't wait to see what you picked!
    They do beautiful work.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kitties continue to be super cute, and I'm impressed with all these matting choices - I'd never have picked out any of those colour combinations myself, but they look so awesome together. I think I'd pick the top one, as those bold colours go really well with the design, but the bottom frame is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty kitties!
    I like the third one, I think the darker green brings out the green in the alphabet the best.

    ReplyDelete